Sunday, February 14, 2016

True Life: The importance of secure passwords

True Life: The importance of secure passwords -

secure-passwords

I once endured a particularly messy romantic break (which I am to fault, to be fair). During the fallout that followed, neither party acted as himself or herself, but in spite of wrongdoing, I still hoped to save a kind of friendship to end. What made my month later realization that he had somehow entered my Facebook account that much harder to bear

Facebook alerted me to a connection attempt from an unusual location and me persuaded to change my password. I did not know the guy, but he confessed logging onto my Facebook account, read my messages, watching my settings, and so on. . No matter if it started by chance as he claimed, the incident forced me to reconsider my password method

As many of you probably, I used almost the same password for everything: Facebook, Gmail, online banking, etc. common knowledge is that it is a bad idea to have more complex passwords better guarantees your privacy. simple words, what I used to prefer passwords are not very safe at all. Strings of letters, numbers and symbols are much safer. But it turns out that the safest passwords are simple sentences but not too short (delicious Bonus: They are also much easier to remember!). Indeed, the most common methods of password cracking work only if the passwords are relatively short

So today's lesson :. Rearrange your weak passwords pass phrases, do not use the same for all services, and in particular not tell anyone about your passwords, unless you want them to know all your information for not to mention your dirty secrets.

True Life: The importance of secure passwords Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: ABC Unique

0 comments:

Post a Comment